Monday, March 18, 2013

Spot on Malabari Cusine in Namma Bangalore!

Being a hard core Keralite more so in the tummy than in the heart .This is my flee spot whenever I miss home food .

The place is an urban "Thattu kada " .That's what they aimed at I say they have done a decent job .There are people walking in at any time of the day .Credit partly goes to the fact its right at the centre of Koramangala and also primarily due to the services offered and the food .

Being a malayali I will vouch for this place as they serve authentic Kerala cuisine.
Highlights of the menu in my opinion are Kozhi Varatharacha curry(*Ground coconut Chicken curry), Chicken Stew , Idiappam , Puttu Kadala , Prawns Masala, Fish Curry Meal .

Even a simple ghee rice and Veg kurma is extremely tasty . No kidding.

About the service , the staff are very friendly and always smiling. Food is served fast .
Theirs is an open counter so one can head over to have a look at the cooking process.


Value for Money: This place is by all means VFM ! Recently my friend and I were so broke that we decided to go have simple thali here and since we were really late(3 pm) we had to settle down for ghee rice and kurma . We sat there for 2 hours chatting away to glory . No one shooed us away . The staff even served us with bowls of Payasam and we were so delighted.It was the best Paripu Payasam(*Dal Kheer) I had in ages.

Ambience: 4/5
Service: 4.5/5
Food : 4/5
Value for Money : 4/5


My verdict : Statiscally 4.25 but I am going with 4.


*I might get slapped for my amusing translations for the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment