Saturday, March 23, 2013

Low key and artistic !


Coffee on Canvas is located in Koramnagala 4 th block .A cafe on the rooftop.
It is a low key place with all the elements working in favour for the place .

Ambience:
Its lovely with a lot of lanterns hanging. There is plenty of plantations and creepers.
I say they live by their caption and help bring out the artist in you .A pin board is put up right at the entrance with many sketches done .My Favorite being that of Jon snow (GOT character). Each table has a different art to showcase .
Negative : Too many mosquitoes inspite of the flycutors.
Rating :3.5

Food:
The menu is simple .Yet has a lot of options .
We ordered Mushroom Ravioli,Spaghetti(Chicken) in Tomato sauce ,Fettucini alfredo (Chicken).
Drinks - Strawberry smoothie and Green Apple soda.

Fettucini



I have had my share of experiences with Ravioli hence I was skeptical on ordering one . However I did and I was pleasnatly surprised .They served it with bread and the mushroom ravioli was teamed with white sauce .It was simple .I am not sure if I could taste a lot of mushroom but having said that it was surprising to see the effort and detail at serving a dish by trying to be as authentic as possible.

Mushroom Ravioli

My friend struggled with the Spaghetti(Chicken) in tomato sauce and finally gave up on it as she was not pleased with how the tomato sauce was cooked annd that the flavours did not blend.
The pasta was good.The showstopper for me was undoubtedly the Strawberry smoothie. It is a breath of fresh air .We ordered seconds :)
Rating:3

Service:

They have limited staff but are prompt when called for .
One very impressive point I would like to highlight is their courteousness .While clearing the dishes the staff enquired on what went wrong with the spaghetti and accepted our constructive criticism.We were just chatting when they brought a freshly made Spaghetti.
It was quite a gesture on their part .We were very pleased.
Rating :4

Value for money :

With all that we ordered along with an expresso .The bill amounted to 723 rs .
Totally VFM .
Rating:3.5

Chilled out place ! On my list of the best cafes around.


Coffee at Canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment